Thank you for using Shopavize!
Shopavize's mission is to create a space that inspires people to design their own lifestyle - so we have community guidelines to outline what we do and don’t allow on Shopavize.
Shopavize isn’t a place for antagonistic, explicit, false or misleading, harmful, hateful, or violent content, comments and/or behavior. We may remove such content and the accounts that save it.
If you have questions or encounter problems on Shopavize, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult content
Shopavize isn’t a place for pornography. We will limit the distribution of or remove mature and explicit content, including:
- Fetish imagery
- Vivid sexual descriptions
- Graphic depictions of sexual activity
- Images of nudity where the poses, camera angles, or props suggest pornographic intent
We do our best to differentiate between pornography and, or instance, intimates (lingerie, underwear) type items from our brand partners, and other mature content.
Shopavize isn’t a place for exploitation of people or animals. We will remove content and accounts involved in sexual, physical or financial exploitation. That includes:
- Non-consensual images, meaning images of a private or sexual nature obtained or published without consent. This includes revenge porn and up-skirt images.
- Adult sexual services that may involve sexual or physical exploitation or trafficking, like sex cams and escort services.
- Human trafficking and other illegal commercial exploitation, like trading in organs or protected and endangered wildlife or wildlife products.
- Sexualization or sexual exploitation of minors, like grooming, sexual remarks or inappropriate imagery. If we find it, we’ll report it to relevant authorities such as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Shopavize isn’t a place for hateful content or the people and groups that promote hateful activities. We will remove such content and accounts, including:
- Slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures and generalizations
- Support for hate groups and people promoting hateful activities, prejudice and conspiracy theories
- Condoning or trivializing violence behavior
- Support for white supremacy, limiting women’s rights and other discriminatory ideas
- Hate-based conspiracy theories and misinformation
- Denial of an individual’s gender identity or sexual orientation
- Attacks on individuals including public figures based on their membership in a vulnerable or protected group
- Mocking or attacking the beliefs, sacred symbols, movements, or institutions of the protected or vulnerable groups identified below
Protected and vulnerable groups include: People grouped together based on their actual or perceived race, color, caste, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, religion or faith, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition. It also includes people who are grouped together based on lower socio-economic status, age, weight or size, pregnancy or veteran status.
Shopavize isn’t a place for misinformation, disinformation or mal-information. We remove or limit distribution of false or misleading content that may harm users’ or the public’s well-being, safety or trust, including:
- Medically unsupported health claims that risk public health and safety, including the promotion of false cures, anti-vaccination advice, or misinformation about public health or safety emergencies
- False or misleading content about individuals or protected groups that promotes fear, hate or prejudice
- False or misleading content that encourages turning individuals, groups of people, places or organizations into targets of harassment or physical violence
- Conspiracy theories
- False or misleading content that impedes an election’s integrity or an individual's or group's civic participation, including registering to vote, voting, and being counted in a census
- Content that originates from disinformation campaigns
- Factual information that’s published or deliberately modified to erode trust or inflict harm, such as changing or omitting of context, date or time
- Fabricated or meaningfully manipulated visual or audio content that erodes trust or causes harm
Harassment and criticism
Shopavize isn’t a place to insult, hurt or antagonize individuals or groups of people. There are good reasons to express criticism, but we may limit the distribution of or remove insulting content to keep Shopavize a positive, inspiring place; this includes:
- Manipulated images intended to degrade or shame
- Shaming people for their bodies or assumed sexual or romantic history
- Sexual remarks about people’s bodies and solicitations or offers of sexual acts
- Criticisms involving name-calling, profanity and other insulting language or imagery
- Mocking someone for experiencing sadness, grief, loss or outrage
We don’t allow content that reveals personal or sensitive information. We remove:
- Personal ID and passport information
- Private contact information and addresses
- Online login information (usernames and passwords)
- Photos of private people that they don’t want posted online
- Personal financial or medical history
Self-injury and harmful behavior
Shopavize isn’t a place for content that displays, rationalizes or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders or substance abuse. We’ll limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Self-harm instructions
- Suicidal thinking and quotes
- Graphic or otherwise triggering imagery
- Promotion of self-harm
- Mocking of people who self-harm or who have attempted or died by suicide
- Images of accessories used to self-harm
- Negative self-talk and insensitive humor about self-harming behavior
Shopavize isn’t a place for graphic violence or threatening language. We limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Content that shows the use of violence
- Disturbing scenes from before or after violent events
- Threats or language that glorifies violence
Dangerous organizations and individuals
Shopavize isn’t a place for violent content, groups or individuals. We limit the distribution of or remove content and accounts that encourage, praise, promote, or provide aid to dangerous actors or groups and their activities. This includes:
- Terrorist organizations
- Gangs and other criminal organizations
We do work with industry, government and security experts to help us identify these groups.
Dangerous goods and activities
Shopavize isn’t a place for private trading or selling of certain regulated goods—products or substances that can cause harm when used, altered or manufactured irresponsibly. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
- Private people offering to sell, purchase or trade alcohol, tobacco, drugs and weapons, including firearms and accessories
- Content from or about unauthorized internet pharmacies
- Offers, attempts, or instructions to bypass purchasing laws and regulation
- Instructions for creating lethal or toxic substances
- Instructions for creating lethal weapons, like bombs or grenades, including 3d printed weapons
We don’t allow accounts that impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with any person or organization. If you have a fan or commentary account for a public figure or brand, make it clear through your username or Shopavize profile that you aren’t officially affiliated with them.
Comments, messages and tries
All of our Community Guidelines apply in comments, messages, and tries posted on posts, moods, collections, and style guides. You can report content like:
- Irrelevant tries
- Private information
- Unsolicited chain mail
- Criticisms using insulting language
- Comments and solicitations of a sexual nature
- Unsolicited or irrelevant product and business promotion
- Hateful or shaming remarks like comments about physical appearance
Intellectual property and other rights
- To respect the rights of people on and off Shopavize, please:
- Don’t infringe anyone's intellectual property, privacy or other rights.
- Don’t do anything or post any content that violates laws or regulations.
- Don’t use Shopavize’s name, logo or trademark in a way that confuses people
Site Security and Access
- To protect the Shopavize platform, we ask that you please:
- Don’t access, use or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ systems.
- Don’t break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks
- Don’t use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of Shopavize.
- Don’t try to reverse engineer our software.
- Don’t try to interfere with people on Shopavize or our hosts or networks, like sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing.
- Don’t collect or store personally identifiable information from Shopavize or people on Shopavize without permission.
- Don’t share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Don’t attempt to buy or sell access to your account, posts, moods, collections, and style guides, or usernames, or otherwise transfer account features for compensation.
You can’t use Shopavize if it would be prohibited by US sanctions. Personal and Business accounts and business accounts are currently not available outside of the United States.
- We want the inspiration and ideas on Shopavize to be high-quality and useful, so we remove spam when we find it. We ask that you be considerate of others' experiences on Shopavize and don't spread spam or engage in spammy behavior.
Our guidelines around spam are:
- Don't use automation that hasn't been explicitly approved by Shopavize. This includes unauthorized services that automatically perform actions on your behalf.
- Don't create or operate accounts that aren't authentic, create accounts en masse, or create new accounts for the purpose of violating these guidelines.
- Don't create or save content that is repetitive, deceptive, or irrelevant in an attempt to make money.
- In general, don't attempt to make money from users or user web traffic in ways that are misleading, detract from the user experience, or don't add value for users.
- Don't link to websites that are unsafe, deceptive, untrustworthy, unoriginal, or that facilitate or encourage spam. Websites should have original content that adds unique value for users.
- Don't send unsolicited messages or make irrelevant comments in bulk, especially when these are deceptive or commercial in nature.
- Don't attempt to artificially manipulate distribution, clicks or other metrics, including but not limited to: buying or selling engagement, "stuffing" irrelevant keywords, generating inauthentic traffic, redirecting existing posts, moods, collections, and style guides to new destinations, using fake or compromised accounts to perform coordinated actions.
- Don't attempt to evade our anti-spam systems, for example, by using shorteners, redirects or intermediate websites to obscure a link's final destination.